What if Metropolis: Reflective Statement

This project is about achieving definitions from the chosen concept painting and moving them to 3D CGI production. During the process of production art painting, I found it quite difficult to separate the key assets in the original painting and add details. The production paintings look as if they were just cropped out from the concept art. The main reason for this is because I am still not very skillful in 2D drawing and fill more confident working in 3D. When I modeled every key asset based on its orthographic drawings, I tend to change the design of the assets instantly without redraw or editing the production art or orthographic drawings. I realized that my workflow is extremely biased on the 3D side. More detailing is definitely what I should work on when working in a 2D environment.

Comments